The Covid crisis of 2020-2021 made central banks around the World rethink their policies and take measures to support national economies. While many of them managed to ease the burden that their nations faced, several new challenges came up. We will discuss the flaws and successes in past-year Central Banks' policies, and analyse potential future actions. Topics to be covered:
• Central banks have taken extraordinary actions since the Global Financial Crisis
• The Covid pandemic led to a further expansion of activities
• How effective have these policies been in supporting economies?
• Has excess liquidity inflated global asset bubbles?
• Have central banks met their mandates or gone too far?